1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place 16 of the cookies in resealable plastic bag. Flatten bag to remove excess air, then seal bag. Finely crush cookies by rolling a rolling pin across the bag. Place in bowl. Add butter; mix well. Press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
2. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Chop or crush remaining 8 cookies. Gently stir half of the chopped cookies into cream cheese batter. Pour over prepared crust; sprinkle with the remaining chopped cookies.
3. Bake 45 min. or until centre is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Cut into 12 pieces. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
1) Preheat oven to 275°.
2) Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
3) In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside.
4) In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
5) In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
6) Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
7) Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
8) Stir in banana mixture.
9) Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10) Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake very moist.
11) For the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
12) Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
13) Add icing sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high speed until frosting is smooth.
14) Spread on cooled cake.
15) Sprinkle chopped walnuts over top of the frosting, if desired.
1) Set oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Prepare a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish, or two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans (although the batter will seem like it will fit into only one 8 or 9-inch pan, this flop rises very high and will run over the sides if baked in just one pan).
3) In a bowl mix the 2 cups flour, 1-1/4 cups white sugar, milk, vanilla or almond extract, baking powder, pinch of salt and egg (if using) until just combined careful not to overmix.
4) Pour into prepared baking pan/s.
5) Generously spread brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
6) If desired sprinkle chopped walnuts or pecans over top.
7) Drizzle melted butter over top.
8) Bake for about 20-25 minutes for 8 or 9-inch round cake pan, and about 30 minutes for a 13 x 9-inch pan.
Notes: You can either use vanilla or almond extract. The egg is also optional. For the topping use half cup brown sugar (you can use more or less, according to your taste), 1-2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 cup melted butter and chopped walnuts or pecans (optional).